[Design and Technology] election promise

Ripley, Robert R ripley.robert.r at edumail.vic.gov.au
Sun Apr 15 10:43:10 EST 2007

After 2 days at school during the term break, doing jobs that could not be d=
one during school days because of teaching committments, (General machine ma=
intenence, changing cutters, repairing/sharpening tools, unloading/stacking=
 material deliveries), all the while observing that Science, Food, IT etc ha=
ve assistant teaching personel, I'd suggest an addition to your note to the=
 Minister -

Staffing the 'Technical' areas with suitably skilled teachers and appropriat=
e servicing personel is as important as funding for equipment and building r=
eplacement/upgrade.

Important - This email and any attachments may be confidential. If received=
 in error, please contact us and delete all copies. Before opening or using=
 attachments check them for viruses and defects. Regardless of any loss, dam=
age or consequence, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not, r=
esulting directly or indirectly from the use of any attached files our liabi=
lity is limited to resupplying any affected attachments. Any representations=
 or opinions expressed are those of the individual sender, and not necessari=
ly those of the Department of Education.