[Informatics] Big Data in Schools

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 04:32:03 UTC 2019

Yes, as I grind away on my PhD, I am mandated to engage in the fine craft and training that covers data collection, human ethics applications etc. I am surprised at the information that can be wrangled from data with a carefully crafted series of tools. I am also pleased that much of what I already knew about cleaning and manipulating data will stand me in good stead.

Still much to learn such as methodology surrounding Phenomenology based research. I enjoyed explaining to some teachers from Indonesia yesterday, the simple culinary delight of adding rhubarb to custard.

Regards Roland