[Yr7-10it] Interactive Electronic Whiteboards

Costello, Rob R Costello.Rob.R at edumail.vic.gov.au
Mon Mar 10 14:09:37 EST 2008

Spoke with some IWB salespeople at school last week

We agreed IWBs seem better utilised in primary schools -

(seen them used for voting etc in primary - everyone comes up and
touches the screen to vote)

not obvious to me, or the sales people, how the tactile aspect is that
useful for most secondary applications

maybe I just need to see some examples

(eg the CAD teacher says he would love one to teach with one)

I'm used to teaching with digital projectors - and I find that aspect
very useful

I use the projection aspect every day - tactile part not at all. I like
the idea of kids interacting from their desks with the wireless board.

Don't mind students using the board either - just can't see how touching
it is much different to interacting via the adjacent keyboard / mouse

(ps we have the ones that you can't write on with a normal marker -
which I think is a mistake. The one's you can annotate with normal
marker seem to make more sense)

Rob