[Yr7-10it] $100 laptop story on Sixty Minutes tonight

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 21:11:40 EST 2007

I met up with one of the young Oz programmers who worked at MIT with Google
on this. With oodles of energy, this linux guru and python programmer has a
very bright future ahead of him. For what it is worth, here is a picture of
a group of us eating pizza in Melbourne whilst brainstorming all the things
that can be done with these mesh-networked laptops.

[image: ASISTM cluster meeting in
Melbourne]<http://flickr.com/photos/plakboek/508537683/>

Australia doesn't have a monopoly on good teaching and learning strategies.
Imagine what might happen to the digital divide if we can similarly help
colleagues overseas to apply this technology.

Please dont undervalue the changes that can happen when we put this
technology into the hands of kids. Inspiration should be their new ceiling.

Regards Roland

PS: If anybody has the time, check out the sessions being run by Bill Kerr
at the VITTA conference or have a look at what you can do with eToys.

http://www.westallsc.vic.edu.au