[Yr11 Information Technology] Networks and CCTV

Paul Pascoe passyworld at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 23 13:33:56 AEDT 2016

HI,

Some boys in my class were very excited by a new shopping centre that has opened recently in our area, and the amount of CCTV cameras it has.... I guess they are just tech nerdy checking this out ????

This lead to an interesting little discussion about CCTV Networks, and what might happen when different networks pool and share all of their data.

The PPT attached summarises the discussion, which I then had with my other Y11 class.

The boys suggested always walk with a limp and your hoodie on whenever you are doing anything naughty !

Would this work ?

CCTV also generates a lot of Video data and so NAS boxes (a device we have studied) are needed to store it all.

Enjoy,

Paul P

IT/Multimedia Teacher

SFX Beaconsfield