[Yr11 Information Technology] Playlist.com Music for Free

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 23:29:28 EST 2009

Some of the people that are promoting their work online are indie artists.
They work hard to get the coverage and airplay without the promotional
backing of a major recording label. One works with me in my office ;-)

Great thing about the Intenet is the way that it has enabled them to
directly contact their fans and promote their work.
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Independent_music

Here is a good interview with an musician here that explains a lot about how
he works.

Whilst I listened to some streaming free-to-air music on a local radio
station on the long drive home, I didnt hear a "you wouldn't steal a handbag
.. " audio commercial. We should never spook students into feeling guilty
about downloading, sharing or listening to free music, the issue is more
complex and interesting than that.

We should explain the different laws, legal rights and creative commons
licences that can be used to protect artistic work. Along this journey, it
doesnt hurt to mention the work by some indie artists that encourage
downloads, remashing and interpretation (often with due attribution).

Regards Roland

http://www.westallsc.vic.edu.au