[Yr11 Information Technology] News from the VITTA Office

Renee Hoareau reneehoareau at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 14:10:31 EST 2009

~Apologies in advance for the cross posts.

Dear Colleagues,

*Staffing*

I would like to inform you of news at the VITTA office.  Lisa Chadderton,
our Project Officer will be leaving us shortly to take on a new career. I
would like to thank her sincerely for working tirelessly over the last three
years for VITTA and the wider education community over this time. We will
miss her energy and enthusiasm.

With a departure comes a welcome. Bridie Mackay will be joining us at VITTA.

Bridie comes from school services at Curriculum Corporation with excellent
skills and knowledge of project, professional learning, resource and website
management.

Jo Macleay, many of you will know, will be assisting us on VITTA projects
and particularly professional development. She is an experienced and
accomplished teacher with a particular interest in incorporating emerging
technologies into best practice teaching and learning. Jo is a keen lifelong
learner and facilitator of innovation.

*Professional Development 2009 - 10*

The VITTA team looks forward to working with you. Please email us at
pd at vitta.org.au if you need support or have ideas about professional
development in 2010. Mark Richardson is currently designing the professional
learning calendar for term 3 and 4 for 2009 and Terms 1 – 4 in 2010.

*VITTA Conference Call for Papers extension*
The VITTA committee are looking forward to meeting you at the “Slide to Open
~ digital learning” Conference. This year we are offering pre-conference
workshops on Sun Nov 22 and the main conference
www.vitta.org.au/conferenceinfo Mon Nov 23 - Wed Nov 25 at the Grandstand
Flemington Racecourse. If you have a Call for Papers to consider please send
this in to the VITTA Office as soon as possible as general Call for Papers
is now closed.

regards Renee
VITTA Executive Officer