[vet-mm] 2D animation

claire at warrandytehigh.vic.edu.au claire at warrandytehigh.vic.edu.au
Thu Aug 29 15:36:40 EST 2013

Hi Jeanean,

You've raised a really interesting question.

In fact, the PixelEd committee was talking about this at our last meeting.

I think your kids are correct, it's obvious that Flash is on it's way out
and the industry has moved on.

The dilemma is that if students are aiming to maximise their study score,
they need to know Flash really well - it's the exam wagging the dog, so to
speak.

The training package doesn't mandate the software our kids use, so it's our
need to prepare for the exam that becomes a crucial factor.

I can imagine it would be difficult if you train kids in After Effects and
perhaps do the 3D elective in yr 11, and then in yr 12 have to "drag" them
back to stuff they find boring and irrelevant.

If the demand is there, PixelEd could consider running some After Effects
training for teachers - what do people think?

Cheers

Claire