[vet-mm] 2D animation

Andrew Shortell shortell at get2me.net
Thu Aug 29 21:52:58 EST 2013

hi Claire
if the 2d animation can be done in something other than flash and flash is not mandated ....??

have you checked the VCAA prescriptions to see if Flash is mandated in there? perhaps also past copies of the VCAA Bulletin? also check exam requirements as posted in Bulletin.

if it is not prescribed software then...

it is certainly no longer industry standard with HTML5 out in the wild and also the iPad not playing with it. I notice there are more tablets coming on the market that dont do flash either.

however -- what is the industry standard now...  and how do we get teachers up to speed quickly ... because the depth of knowledge and expertise about Flash amongst teachers is immense

I recall when we put together the study from the training package that we focussed on industry standard but I do not recall specifying actual software or platforms. (Maybe we did ?)

maybe it is time to look at updating the study ?
(where I now work does not offer IDM)

Andrew

Andrew Shortell
Educator