[vet-mm] Actionscript 3?

peterfowler at optusnet.com.au peterfowler at optusnet.com.au
Thu Mar 13 12:33:26 EST 2008

Hi all,
There are some substantial differences between AS2 & AS3. The main difference is that AS3 now is more closely aligned to the structure of other coding languages. The syntax is quite different to AS2 and uses a greater understanding of classes and creating classes. There are a number of sites that explain the differences far better than I can.
I intend to teach my Cert II students AS3, but thought it to confusing for my Cert III students to transfer from AS2 last year to AS3 this year.
I believe it is a better structured language but it will take some time to relearn the syntax.
Yours Sincerely
Peter Fowler