[vet-mm] Actionscript 3?

claire claire at warrandytehigh.vic.edu.au
Thu Mar 13 08:43:42 EST 2008

Hi James,
I don't know anything about Actionscript 3, and how different it is. I would stick with AS2, until VCAA advise otherwise.
Nevertheless, I would suggest you have a look at past exam questions on scripting, to get an idea of what's involved. In the past couple of years, they have tended to be generic-type questions, which require students to follow the logic of the algorithm and pick up things like ">" should have been used rather than "<". Sometimes the questions have actually been written in pseudocode rather than strictly scripted.
That's not to say they are easy questions, kids need to be able to focus on the detail and understand the logic.
Also remember they are not required to write or modify a script in the prac section.
Claire Bloom
Warrandyte High