[vet-mm] Scripting Examples

claire claire at warrandytehigh.vic.edu.au
Wed Mar 12 17:13:54 EST 2008

Hi John,
It's a very annoying problem created by the sender using Outlook. Outlook sometimes encodes attachments in a strange way and the result is you need a decoder to get the attachment.
It can be fixed if the sender changes some settings in Outlook but it's probably easier just to decode for yourself.
Download the file (in my case the attachment arrived with a name "view" and no file extension, so I saved this to my harddrive!)
Then go to this site
http://tud.at/php/tnef/
and browse for the attachment you have downloaded, then click the send file button and the proper attachments:
timer in seconds.fla and simpleform2.fla will be available for you to download.
It works for me, so hopefully it will solve your problem too!
Thanks Marian for sharing these files!

Regards
Claire Bloom
Warrandyte High

PS
I don't use Outlook but the web says this is how to stop it happening:
On the "Tools" menu, click "Options", then click the "Mail Format" tab, and then the "Internet Format" button.
Set "When sending Outlook Rich Text messages to Internet ..." to either "Convert to HTML format" or "Convert to Plain Text format".
If you prefer, in all versions of Outlook, you can disable TNEF completely:

On the "Tools" menu, click "Options", and then click the "Mail Format" tab.
In the "Send in this message format" list, click "Plain Text" or "HTML", and then click "OK".