[vet-mm] Actionscript help please

Mr Steve Freestone steve.freestone at YVG.vic.edu.au
Thu Feb 21 10:28:08 EST 2008

John
Check through this action script it might help
Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: vet-mm-bounces at edulists.com.au
[mailto:vet-mm-bounces at edulists.com.au] On Behalf Of EDWARDS. John
Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2008 5:41 PM
To: VET Multimedia Teachers' Mailing List
Subject: [vet-mm] Actionscript help please

Hi All,

I am trying to do a Space Invaders game with my Cert 2 MM students. I
have a single alien movieclip that moves across the screen and a bullet
movieclip that moves up to the alien.

I have the hittest code that I am unsuccessfully trying below:

This is in the Bullet MovieClip

if(_root.alien, hitTest(_root.bullet)){
		trace("in hittest");
		this.removeMovieClip();
		_root.alien.removeMovieClip();

		}

The two movieclips collide and I get the trace appearing which means the
hittest is successful. I have the bullet remove itself with the line :
this.removeMovieClip();  My problem is removing the alien movieclip when
the hittest is successful.

Could someone please point a novice in the right direction?

Many Thanks,

John Edwards
Lavalla Catholic College
The information contained in this message and or attachments is intended
recipient
is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender
and
delete the material from any system and destroy and copies.