[vet-mm] VCE VET IDM

claire claire at warrandytehigh.vic.edu.au
Tue Aug 5 22:39:27 EST 2008

Hi Suzi,
I agree the training package is a bit daunting and the ntis site can be
confusing, also the units of competency are not detailed curriculum
statements such as you find in the VCE Study Designs.
However, I think the new units  are generally expressed a bit more
clearerly and are a bit more helpful than the old ones. (anyone agree or
am I just getting used to them??)
I guess the key thing to remember is that training packages are meant to
be flexible and adaptable to different training settings and students,
therefore the units can be quite vague!!

The new unit 3-4 will have an exam (and scored assessment tasks) as
currently.
Obviously as this doesn't happen until 2010, specific advice is a bit
further down the track.

Cheers
Claire
Hope you aren't too busy tomorrow ;-)