[vet-mm] changes to training package

Allan Barnes abarnes at aiet.com.au
Wed Apr 16 09:19:40 EST 2008

Hi Mario

The Training Package is reviewed and re-accredited by the Industry Skills
Council, the National Quality Council, and the Department of Education,
Science and Training, and not by VCAA, hence I don't think point 2 is
accurate or fair. The VCAA have to deliver the course according to the
packaging rules set out in the training package.

There is also a difference between VCE subjects and VET subjects. VET
subjects are competency-based both in assessment and the way that the
training is delivered. It is an important difference and should flow through
to the way it is delivered and assessed.

If you subscribe to the relevant ISC web site, you can have input into the
re-accreditation process for Training Packages.

Kind regards

Allan Barnes, CEO
Australian Institute of Education and Training
P.O. Box 171
Brunswick West 3055
Ph: (03) 9387 2051
FAX: (03) 9387 3470