[vet-mm] Examiners Report

Ana Tuckerman atuckerman at elthamcollege.vic.edu.au
Wed Nov 15 20:55:19 EST 2006

To all those multimedia teachers who are feeling slightly intimidated by some of the comments made on this list.
While everyone has a right to express theirs opinion, please be aware that some people who add to the list work for  private training institutions and TAFE's

There are a few differences to their position to those working in a senior school setting.
1) Chances are the teachers ONLY teach MM.
2) They may also have a significantly larger block of time allocated to the subject.
3) All they teach is MM (no sport, no yard duty, no reports and no extra's.) therefore have longer to spend on professional development.
4) Their students are often quite a bit older and more mature, therefore classroom management and discipline is not a problem

Now i agree that we have to keep up to date and that the MM industry is becoming more interactive and community based, BUT I know that you all do your absolute BEST with the time and resources allocated to you within a senior school.

Scripting is great, but lets leave in the assessments tasks, when they have books and websites to help them. It does take years to get your head around it , so let them do the in-depth stuff at university.

All we have to do now is to wait for the examiners report. That will indicate how the students across the state did in "those" questions.

Ana Tuckerman
Multimedia and Media Department
ELTHAM College of Education