[Technical] cases21

Clark, Ian C clark.ian.c at edumail.vic.gov.au
Tue May 15 09:45:26 EST 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: tech-bounces at edulists.com.au [mailto:tech-bounces at edulists.com.au]
On Behalf Of Stephen Digby
Sent: Monday, 14 May 2007 8:37 PM
To: 'Technical Discussion in Schools Mailing List'
Subject: RE: [Technical] cases21

NOTHING is allowed to insert data into CASES - they are truly paranoid !
THAT is why there no truly integrated addon software products that use
the CASES database and perform the
needed tasks in a useful manner instead of as Sir Humphrey would have
it.

------------------------------

Hi Stephen,

As I understand it, there have been trials with PDAs to insert
attendance data, and the equivalent of bringing up a remote desktop for
teachers to do it from their laptops, so in the past there has been data
entry into CASES from the curriculum network ... if Anton's Principal
pressed the point, he could try to become a pilot school for this method
... the result could be anything between a flat no to getting a grant to
trial it!

Cheers,
Clarky

Important - This email and any attachments may be confidential. If received=
 in error, please contact us and delete all copies. Before opening or using=
 attachments check them for viruses and defects. Regardless of any loss, dam=
age or consequence, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not, r=
esulting directly or indirectly from the use of any attached files our liabi=
lity is limited to resupplying any affected attachments. Any representations=
 or opinions expressed are those of the individual sender, and not necessari=
ly those of the Department of Education.