[Technical] Equipment and Room booking system

simon at simonds.melb.catholic.edu.au simon at simonds.melb.catholic.edu.au
Wed Aug 24 12:24:23 EST 2005

Hi all,

ABIManagement has an excellent room booking system that is so simple to use. We have it at Simonds Catholic College and the teachers love it. Teachers log on and are presented with a list of their classes. They simply click onto the day and period they wish to book in what room and press save. No one can overwrite bookings except the administrator and it keeps a count of how many bookings are made in each class. It can be viewed at :

  http://star.abimanagement.com/star-booking/

 If you want to test it, email info at abimanagement.com or me and you will be given a user name and password.

There is also an online report writing system (STAR) that is superior to other systems - search the sofweb knowledge bank for the article, "Reporting to Parents using a web based program– a whole school approach" and you can see what Gladstone Park says about it :-

(http://knowledge.education.vic.gov.au/sites/knowledgebank/Promising%20Practices/Student%20Learning/Reporting%20to%20Parents%20using%20a%20web%20based%20program–%20a%20whole%20school%20approach.doc).

 Again email if you are considering replacing your report writing system with one that is user friendly, very powerful and has lots of added extras such as homeroom teachers can view the results posted by other teachers as they write their homeroom reports, view last semester's comments, see a photo of the student as you write their report. Address is http://abimanagement.com/.

thanks,

Philip Woodward