[Year 12 SofDev] yet another UCD

Timmer-Arends timmer at melbpc.org.au
Sat Feb 12 12:22:28 EST 2011

Hello Michael, Mark and others

You may have come across this web site (agile programming - previous study design). It shows one use of multiple boundaries, although not for separating 'of interest' from 'not to be considered'. Rather, it uses them to show development stages.
http://www.agilemodeling.com/artifacts/useCaseDiagram.htm

This one is interesting too. It uses boundaries to compartmentalise the 'system' but the paragraph leading into it suggests that this is not strict UML convention
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/library/ws-wsisamp/

and this uses multiple boxes to break down a complex set of interactions (admin, server, browser, user) into two separate sets of interactions (this whole tutorial is worth a read - someone from Carnegie Mellon so it must carry some weight! Also, I am assuming <<uses>> is equivalent to <<includes>>)
http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/course/90-754/umlucdfaq.html

Regards
Robert T-A
Brighton SC