[Year 12 SofDev] choosing a language for 2008

Mark Kelly kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Tue Sep 18 13:11:59 EST 2007

Kevork Krozian wrote:

<snip>

> Are there schools NOT using a database for either of their programming SACs ? That may be against the guidelines.

A database?  As far as I can see, nowhere does the SD study design say
one has to create a database - especially a relational one!

All it refers to it using data structures (as simple as a string
variable), and "use files to store and retrieve data" which is way less
than a 'database'.

Mind you, I expected my kids to use TYPE constructs and random files in
SD U4O1.

<snip>

Manager - Information Systems
Direct line / Voicemail: 8520 9085