[Year 12 SofDev] My SAC32 - software solution

Schlanger, Harry P schlanger.harry.p at edumail.vic.gov.au
Thu Apr 19 10:40:06 EST 2007

Hi Brett,

I don't know the book you mention. I use "Programming with Visual Basic - In=
troduction to Visual Basic.Net. Graeme Summers. Third Edition" But that is n=
ot enough.

In addition we are going through the exercises by Kervoc from Forest Hill SC=
. These that are made available on edulists.

I also use "Visual Studio 2005 - VB.Net Language Reference" a new textbook I=
 bought in the bookstore. I taught the students how to use the debugger in V=
S.

There are a number of eBooks I just found on the Internet and I'm trying to=
 collate the list and examine how good they are. There are a number of tutor=
ials on the internet. I have not collated these yet.

Finally, I look up any topic or programming element keyword, or error messag=
e, using Google and encourage the students to do the same when they have a n=
eed.

If you like, when I have sorted things out, I can give you the list, or mayb=
e post it to edulist.

I have stored my course website, which is under constant development at http=
://www.esnips.com/doc/6cd94993-d32c-4342-a1e3-de3759cebe08/Website_SoD_1 . I=
t is 11.6MB and contains plenty of resources. You can run as a self containe=
d web on the desktop, store on the intranet. Students can copy on their USB=
 stick for reference.

Regards,

Harry Schlanger

Belmont HS