[Opensource] Interactive Electronic Whiteboards

Phil Brown pdbrown at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 17:49:18 EST 2008

Apparently the break even point for IWB's in a large school is 15. This
means the issues of not being timetabled in the same room as a IWB can be
overcome as long as the IWB is the same throughout the school. IWB's are
good and there is a lot you can do with them as long as you take the time to
learn to use use them skillfully. The wireless tablet can be used with them
as well and kids can interact with them with the tablet or hands on.

BECTA produce some good research on IWB's. This
paper<http://partners.becta.org.uk/index.php?section=rh&catcode=_re_rp_02_a&rid=13663>is
for grade 5&6 but is still relevant.

It's good to talk this through as they are gaining in popularity and schools
are likely to spend megabucks.

Phil Brown