[Moodle] Ideal Server Specs for Moodle?

RILEY, Bruce Bruce.RILEY at kew.vic.edu.au
Tue Feb 28 11:15:24 EST 2006

XP

-----Original Message-----
From: moodle-bounces at edulists.com.au
[mailto:moodle-bounces at edulists.com.au] On Behalf Of Con Zymaris
Sent: Tuesday, 28 February 2006 11:02 AM
To: The Moodle Users' in Schools Mailing List
Subject: Re: [Moodle] Ideal Server Specs for Moodle?

On Tue, Feb 28, 2006 at 10:00:05AM +1100, RILEY, Bruce wrote:
> Keith,
> I had it running on a Celeron 1.3 Gb with 512 Mb Ram and it used to
die
> when a class of 25 accessed it. I would look to higher specs than
those
> you proposed. We have it running on a DELL dual Xenon server with 2/4
Gb
> ram (can't remember which) and it flies.
> Bruce

Just curious. What OS was that Celeron running?

Cheers,

Con Zymaris

- CEO, Cybersource Pty. Ltd.
- Director, Open Source Industry Australia, Limited.
- Convenor, Open Source Victoria (A Government-funded industry cluster.)
___
Con Zymaris <conz at cyber.com.au> Level 4, 10 Queen St, Melbourne,
Australia

Web: http://www.cyber.com.au/  Phone: 03 9621 2377   Fax: 03 9621 2477