[Year 12 IT Apps] Questions that can do your head in-

Mark KELLY kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Tue Oct 12 12:48:39 EST 2010

To convert data to information, the data must be transformed in some way...
such as summarising it (C).

Information is not unedited (A).  Evaluation (B) is neither here nor there
in terms of defining info/data.  Information is organised in some way (C)
such as sorted or categorised, usually by definition.

2.2c (incl. GST) and rapidly approaching equity with the U.S. 2 cents'
opinion.

On 12 October 2010 12:27, Zach Alexakos
<alexakos.zach.z at edumail.vic.gov.au>wrote:

>  What is going on here?
> ------------------------------
> IPM Exam 2005
> Question 8
> Which one of the following is a characteristic of information?
> A. unedited
> B. evaluated
> C. summarised
> D. unorganised
> *Correct answer is C
> *
> ------------------------------
> Checkpoints 2007
> Chapter 8 Question 57 (from VCAA IPM Exam 2005)
> Which one of the following is a characteristic of information?
> A) Unedited
> B) Evaluated
> C) Summarised
> D) Organised
> *Answer is listed as C.  Why is it not D?
> *
> ------------------------------
>
> Zach Alexakos

> and not necessarily those of the Department of Education and Early Childhood
> Development.

Manager Information Systems
Reporting Manager
IT Learning Area Manager

McKinnon Secondary College
McKinnon Rd McKinnon 3204
Victoria, Australia
Direct line / Voicemail: +613 8520 9085
Fax +613 9578 9253
kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au

VCE IT Lecture Notes: http://vceit.com
Moderator: IT Applications Edulist

For no reason, my friend became a square, flat surface with four legs. I
rushed him to hospital. His condition is table.