[Year 12 IT Apps] Re: Blogs etc

Russell Edwards edwards.russell.t at edumail.vic.gov.au
Mon Feb 19 14:02:27 EST 2007

Kent Beveridge wrote:
> On the topic of Blogs et al, I presume that this relates to the topic of
> virtual exchange of information. Is that just a fancy term for what we
> do here on the list, or is it more like a 'chat room'. I am not familiar
> with 'Blogging' as it is something that I have not previously used.

Have a look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blog . A [we]blog is more or
less a personal journal website, with a facility for people to leave
comments.

As for exams, the VCAA and VELS: Speaking for myself, I'm not having an
exam for my middle school IT. The "information products" made in class
and the blog entries describing them and reflecting on them form the
basis for assessment for and of learning. I have no idea whether the
VCCA/VELS dictates any standards etc for blogs as I'm yet to make head
or tail of the ICT domain to be quite honest.

Russell

Important - This email and any attachments may be confidential. If received in error, please contact us and delete all copies. Before opening or using attachments check them for viruses and defects. Regardless of any loss, damage or consequence, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not, resulting directly or indirectly from the use of any attached files our liability is limited to resupplying any affected attachments. Any representations or opinions expressed are those of the individual sender, and not necessarily those of the Department of Education.