[Year 12 Its] When is programmming started in the SDLC

Robert Timmer-Arends timmer at melbpc.org.au
Wed Apr 26 17:51:17 EST 2006

Hello John

I can't comment on the text you mention but, as has been said before on this
list, the exact contents of any given sage of the SDLC is a moot point (as
are in fact the stages themselves), but, the bottom line is 'what does the
study design say?'

P86 of gloassay: S..D..L..C ... the development stage includes programming:
coding ...

I know this is not a direct reference, but it does imply that design of the
new program has already taken place.

This accords with my understanding of the Design stage of the SDLC, where
the logical design in converted to a physical design. For software
components this means working up a set of program specs - these include
program module specs forms and screen layouts, overall design model...

This probably doesn't clarify anything for you, but I can say that
acquisition does NOT start in the Design stage of the SDLC - it is started
in the Development stage.

Regards
Robert T-A
Brighton SC