[Year 12 Its] When is programmming started in the SDLC

john edwards john.edwards at gippslandgs.vic.edu.au
Wed Apr 26 09:55:30 EST 2006

Hi All,

I was of the mind that if custom built software was required by an organisation then it would be started in the Development stage of the SDLC. Software acquisition is started in Design and so it would make sense to me that if custom built software was required then it would begin the process at the same time.

The Building Information Systems text indicates that it starts in the Implementation stage.

Could someone please clarify this for me?

Cheers,

John Edwards
Head of ICT
Gippsland Grammar