[Year 12 IPM] Compressing Powerpoint Files_OT

Stephen Digby digby.stephen.p at edumail.vic.gov.au
Tue Sep 12 06:09:09 EST 2006

Also, try right click on an image, select properties, compress and use the
option to compress all pictures in the powerpoint.
NOTE: this will ONLY work for inserted jpeg images.
IF your system defualt is to regard images as quicktime jpg's or you pasted
them as bitmaps, the compression option will not reduce their size.
Have had this problem with many students.
Suggest to them that they always "Paste Special" and ensure that the picture
is a jpeg image.

Stephen Digby, Learning Technology Manager
mailto:admin at cheltsec.vic.edu.au
Cheltenham Secondary College www.cheltsec.vic.edu.au Ph: 613 955 55 955  Fx:
9555 8617

I am at two with nature