[Year 12 IPM] Exam Prep Activities

McDonald, Debra A1 mcdonald.debra.a1 at edumail.vic.gov.au
Wed Oct 4 23:04:02 EST 2006

Well, reading all that you do I feel like I don't do enough.

I mainly do tasks or games like the following:

*
	set exams based on a mixture of past exams and current situations;
*
	quizzes: make students give a impromptu speech/instructions on various topics (identifying and the reasons for using the different rollover methods) they have no prep time for this a rewarded if they get it correct and I make then it in writing for homework if they do not get it correct.
*
	brainstorms
*
	lolly tosses
*
	stump the teacher

we have now started to sit outside and to some de-stress techniques then go into the class and to a times work piece as if in the exam. With this I am aiming on giving the kids some techniques to de-stress themselves before and during the exam (all are quick, silent and still) so that they do not freeze.

Last double did something very different... we roll played a company and it's needs using other students from a business class. the kids enjoyed it and I believe it helped them remember some of the fundamentals when dealing with staff/customers.

anyway that is my 2¢. it would be interesting to see that CD of your. I may make something like it for next year.

Debra McDonald
Network Manager
Lyndhurst Secondary College
Cranbourne