[Year 12 IPM] formats & conventions

Mike Brookes mikeb at labyrinth.net.au
Wed Oct 26 18:42:10 EST 2005

Hi All
To clarify/be picky..right aligning/decimal
aligning/centering/justifying is formating data - the convention is in
which format is customarily used to display numeric data-- i.e. the
convention is to format numbers so that the decimal points line up or
the convention is to format currency with a leading $ sign and two
digits after the decimal point.
Same with headings - displaying in bold/italic etc is formating, the
convention might be to format headings in bold, 14pt Arial, centred on
the page.

Yours in Confusionism
Mike Brookes