[English] support for yr 7-10 program

Neale Baker NBaker at sac.vic.edu.au
Mon Feb 14 12:01:01 EST 2011

Hi Jenny
I would be happy to join the discussion. I am in my first year as Head of English and am interested in the same ideas, though I may not have much to offer so far...
We are going to look at assessment sheets too as we have a million and one different varieties so we want to have some common ground for consistency and also to have the students have some idea of what we require.
Briefly, overview we seem to handle the text analysis side of English quite well and preparing studenyts for writng essays. For us this year, we are concentrating more on writing, creatively I suppose as looking at our Y12 results the context is the area we atre down.. We use short forms at Y7-10 using extracts from authors as models for their own writing, poetry and prose. This seems to be working quite well. Studnets anecdotal feedback is quite positive.
Does this help? I will check your twitter feed as well

Neale Baker
Head of English
Sacré Cœur
172 Burke Road, Glen Iris, Australia 3146
Phone:  613 9835 2724  FAX:  613 9885 5936
Email:  nbaker at sac.vic.edu.au<mailto:nbaker at sac.vic.edu.au>
www.sacrecoeur.vic.edu.au<http://www.sacrecoeur.vic.edu.au/>