[English] support for yr 7-10 program

Jenny Gilbert nenifoofer at gmail.com
Sat Feb 12 08:27:55 EST 2011

Hi

I know this list is for VCE but I am hopeful some people may like to share
with me off list what goes on in year 7-10 in their schools. I am no going
into my third year as domain leader and I have a real bee in my bonnet. I
want to prepare a complete scope and sequence for 7-10 that clearly goves
the big picture and determines the common ground we work from at the school
level. I am struggling with the best way to format or lay this out - I have
seen a good example from NSW - but that isn't quite what I need since the
underlying core standards are different from the VELS. Would you care to
share such a map of what your school is doing?

I am also after examples of assessment sheets  - the model we use was
originally prepared for VELS recording and blending this with grading.
Having used it for a number of years we are finding it is not a useful tool
for students or their parents for lots of reasons I do not wish to into. I
know there is no perfect beast for this - but if you are prepared to share
what your school does I would greatly appreciate it. I am genuinely
interested in those of you using rubrics - what do you have one them - how
do you 'score' them. There are I know thousands of examples online but most
seem linked to everyone else's curriculum. Finding those that specifically
identify objectives based on VELS PP's is something I have not succeeded at
when it comes to seeing what others do. Any advice/example would be
appreciated.

In return If you are a twitter user you will see I use #vceeng to share
resources. Please join me. Thanks

Jenny Gilbert

English Coordinator, St Joseph's College Mildura

 <http://nenifoofer.edublogs.org/> Blog

 <http://msgsresources.wikispaces.com/> Wiki

 <http://www.diigo.com/user/nenifoofer> Diigo

Jens  <http://livebinders.com/edit?id=6500> PLN at Live Binders