[English] Blogs for senior english students

Jo McLeay jbmcleay at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 5 19:53:20 EST 2007

Hi Lillian,
I have been blogging with middle years students for a
few years and I agree with Andrew. Have a look at some
of the Year 7 blogs on
http://mrsmac2022.learnerblogs.org or Year 9 blogs on
http://jomcleay.com/year9/ The students' blogs are on
the blogroll of these two blogs. I think it's a great
idea and James Farmer who runs learnerblogs is a great
support. I definitely recommend his free service to
educators (although I'm trying out edublogs premium -
a paid service - for the year 9s.) I would love to
follow your students' discussions of Macbeth as my
year 11s have just finished the play. I haven't tried
blogging in the senior years but I plan to in Semester
2. Maybe we could have our students read each others
blogs and comment.
Looking forwards to hearing more about your work.

--- Andrew Bawden
<andrew.bawden at overnewton.vic.edu.au> wrote:

> Hi Lillian,
>
> I suggest www.learnerblogs.org as at www.blogger.com
>  students can
> access other people's blogs which
> could contain objectionable material.
>
> Andrew Bawden
> Overnewton Anglican Community College

> students
>

> On 7/4/07, Leptos, Lillian L
> <leptos.lillian.l at edumail.vic.gov.au>
> wrote:
>
> 	Hi
> 	I've been reading about webblogs and would like to
> set one up
> for my year 11 students to communicate their ideas
> on Macbeth. Does
> anyone know how I can go about this. I know my way
> about a computer, but
> don't really know how to set up a blog (software,
> publishing on the web
> etc). Very grateful for any advice or guides I can
> follow.
>

> I recommend blogger.com <http://blogger.com/>  --
> its incredibly easy to
> set one up, whether on your own site or hosted at
> blogger.com
> <http://blogger.com/> .
> You can choose from a variety of styles, and even
> email your posts and
> have them show up on the blog.
>
> Steven Bird
> http://www.csse.unimelb.edu.au/~sb/

> Overnewton Anglican Community College
> A school for the whole family celebrating 20 years
> of quality education in the North West of Melbourne.
>
> Winner of the 2005 EOWA Employer of Choice for Women
> and VIEU Best Practice in Equal Opportunity in the
> Workplace Award - Independent Schools
>
> http://www.overnewton.vic.edu.au/
>
> Keilor Campus
> Taylors Lakes Campus
> 2-30 Overnewton Road
> 39 - 57 Robertsons Road
> Keilor, Victoria, 3036
> Taylors Lakes, Victoria, 3038
> Tel: 03 9334 0000
> Tel: 03 9334 0000
> Fax: 03 9336 1835
> Fax: 03 9390 5144

Jo McLeay
The Open Classroom http://theopenclassroom.blogspot.com
Directory of Australian Edubloggers http://australianedubloggers.pbwiki.com
password: edubloggers

This e-mail is [ ] private [ ] bloggable/quotable [ ] please ask first