[English] Blogs for senior english students

Andrew Bawden andrew.bawden at overnewton.vic.edu.au
Thu Jul 5 18:33:45 EST 2007

Hi Lillian,

I suggest www.learnerblogs.org as at www.blogger.com  students can
access other people's blogs which
could contain objectionable material.

Andrew Bawden
Overnewton Anglican Community College

________________________________

From: english-bounces at edulists.com.au on behalf of Steven Bird
Sent: Thu 5/07/2007 1:39 PM
To: VCE English Teachers' Mailing List
Subject: Re: [English] Blogs for senior english students

On 7/4/07, Leptos, Lillian L <leptos.lillian.l at edumail.vic.gov.au>
wrote:

	Hi
	I've been reading about webblogs and would like to set one up
for my year 11 students to communicate their ideas on Macbeth. Does
anyone know how I can go about this. I know my way about a computer, but
don't really know how to set up a blog (software, publishing on the web
etc). Very grateful for any advice or guides I can follow.

I recommend blogger.com <http://blogger.com/>  -- its incredibly easy to
set one up, whether on your own site or hosted at blogger.com
<http://blogger.com/> .
You can choose from a variety of styles, and even email your posts and
have them show up on the blog.

Steven Bird
http://www.csse.unimelb.edu.au/~sb/

Overnewton Anglican Community College
A school for the whole family celebrating 20 years of quality education in the North West of Melbourne.

Winner of the 2005 EOWA Employer of Choice for Women and VIEU Best Practice in Equal Opportunity in the Workplace Award - Independent Schools

http://www.overnewton.vic.edu.au/

Keilor Campus                                      Taylors Lakes Campus
2-30 Overnewton Road                               39 - 57 Robertsons Road
Keilor, Victoria, 3036                             Taylors Lakes, Victoria, 3038
Tel: 03 9334 0000                                  Tel: 03 9334 0000
Fax: 03 9336 1835                                  Fax: 03 9390 5144