[English] Student Blogs

Stephen Loosley stephen at melbpc.org.au
Tue Jul 10 00:44:49 EST 2007

Hi people,

As Vic notes (OffTopic Edulist) another option is:

<http://www.education.vic.gov.au/teacher/Global/default.htm>

** About Global Student **  <http://globalstudent.org.au/>  April 19, 2007

When you pass through (the website) doorway you enter the world of Global Student.

Global Student is the student space connected to Global Teacher.

This is all part of a Research project run by The Victorian Education Channel (DE&T Victoria) and The School Library Association of Victoria.

In order to get blogging spaces for your students it is important to register with Globalteacher. To do this could you please send an email to global.teacher at edumail.vic.gov.au In that email we ask if you could simply provide a vision for your use of the space to help with our research.

Whilst Globalstudent is a space for studentblogs it is important to follow a couple of “Rules” to ensure student safety.

* Only teachers can create blogs. You can create them for students but the teacher MUST be the owner of the blog. This allows moderation of comments and content.

* Teachers are responsible for their students online. They must ensure they are supervised in the same way they would be on an excursion. We ask teachers and students to keep the space “Safe and appropriate for others to view”

* Should something go wrong or you see content you think needs to be removed let us know straight away. contact us at global.teacher at edumail.vic.gov.au
--

Cheers, people
Stephen Loosley