[Yr7-10maths] FW: Use of commercial maths applications in schools

Kevork Krozian K.Krozian at fhc.vic.edu.au
Fri Mar 26 15:11:05 EST 2010

Forwarded from VITTA . Please reply to the list.
--------------------

Hi folks,

The DEECD is exploring the use in schools of commercial applications for the teaching of mathematics in the years P-2 and 3-8. We would value feedback in this inquiry. I understand you may have already approached regarding this issue for the 9-12 cohort.

The essential questions we are interested in are:

    1. Is the school using any commercial programs/applications to teach mathematics in years P-2 and 3-8?
    2. What is focus of the programs/applications do what are the features that make them attractive or unique?
    3. Do the programs allow for any of the following: individualised pathways for students, tracking of progress or aggregated data on student progress

--
Renee Hoareau
VITTA Executive Officer
E: renee at vitta.org.au
W: www.vitta.org.au
Suite 209, 134-136 Cambridge St,
Collingwood, VIC, 3066, Australia

VITTA ~ supporting ICT Educators anywhere, any time