[Yr7-10it] seeking Digital Technologies ideas...Kent

Victoria Farrell FarrellV at humegrammar.vic.edu.au
Wed Aug 31 13:19:26 AEST 2016

Hi!

See my Topic Guides for Years 7 and 8 attached.

Some keys projects we do here that have proven to be very successful are:

Year 7 Animation Project: Students investigate the Binary number system - how circuits make 1s and 0s and how computers needs 1s and 0s to make letters, numbers and symbols. Students then create an animation using PowerPoint that demonstrates through animated diagrams and illustrations they create from shapes how computers rely on Binary to work. (5 - 6 weeks of 100 mins per week)

Year 8 Technology Issues Project: Working in teams, students investigate a technology related issue (cyberbullying, piracy etc.) and do some research. Using Survey Monkey students write a 10 question survey for the Year 7s to find out the extent of that issue has impacted on the Year 7 students in the school. (We get the Year 7 students to do the surveys). Once the surveys are done Year 8 get their data and make some charts and interpret their findings and make an infographic of their findings. The whole whole process is published in a website. Home pages - information about the Issue, Survey Page - All the survey questions they wrote, Results page - contains the results of the surveys, Findings page - Students comment of the success of each question and what the results mean and finally the Infographic page - post their infographic.  (10 weeks of 100 mins per week)

We have been doing these tasks for the past 3 years and it has been very successful. If you would like more info - let me know.

Cheers,
Vic

[HUME FINAL brand and Crest Stacked]Victoria Farrell
Coordinator of Technology
100 Mount Ridley Road
Mickleham, VIC 3064
T  +61 3 8339 6951