[Yr7-10it] digital technology at years 7/8

Vella, James jvella at mackillop.vic.edu.au
Tue Oct 27 14:14:10 AEDT 2015

Hi Stacey

At MacKillop, we've implemented Digital Technologies in the following way:

Year 7 (Semester 1) - 300m per fortnight (3 x 100 min lessons)
Year 8 (Semester 2)  - 300m per fortnight (3 x 100m lessons)

This year, we've run the same curriculum at both Year 7 and 8 as part of a 3 year roadmap to finalising the curriculum. Basically, we covered working within a digital environment, impacts of technologies, digital systems/data representation, cybersafety, and (as part of the Y8 curriculum) Data Visualisation.

Happy to discuss this further off-list.

Also DLTV will be running webinars on this in the next 2-3 weeks - I'll be presenting there along with two other teachers that have implemented Digital Technologies in a different way at their schools. The link is here: https://dltv.vic.edu.au/events/ol483-digital-technologies-curriculum-getting-started-years-7-10.

Kind Regards

JV

James Vella
Digital Technologies Learning Area Leader eLearning Leader
MacKillop College
Russell Street Werribee VIC 3030

T:  +61387345200
F:  +61387345261