[Yr7-10it] google docs / google sites [Scanned] [Spam score:10%]

Caterina Garwoli cgarwoli at shcoakleigh.catholic.edu.au
Wed Nov 23 11:12:41 EST 2011

Since we are talking about google, I just thought I might share this
interesting article- Microsoft attack at google's gmail.. watch the
youtube video link

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/microsoft/microsofts-latest-google-compete-weapon-the-gmail-man/10217

It is interesting to note that after setting up a gmail to book overseas
accomodation, google did read my emails and linked me up with some of my
accomodation.  Hence, google scanning and reading my email was actually
useful!

Caterina IT teacher SHGC

Ni Nikki

> Google Docs is great but if you can get the school It administrators to
> set up a Google Apps account then you have more control over the data and
> who can access what.
>
> I use the Documents more than anything else with my Multimedia classes.
> They are great for collaboratively working on a script in real time. The
> spreadsheet works well to keep a record of marking that can then be
> accessed anywhere, anytime.
>
> We are looking at changing over to Google Mail for the students.
>
> Ta
>
> Tim Kitchen
> Strathcona BGGS
>

> On 18/11/2011, at 12:02 PM, Nicole Hexter wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>

>> I am looking into using Google docs with my year IT 9 boys next year. I
>> have currently set up a Google site that will become a homepage for my
>> boys to view at the start of the lesson. This will have up to date
>> information regarding the subject, links to documents, word of the week,
>> student of the week, web resources etc. This will require my students to
>> set up a Gmail account and I will 'invite' them to view my site. I have
>> also set up a class discussion group that we will use as a forum.
>>

>> I am hoping to incorporate a lot of group work into the course, which
>> will require the use of Google docs for collaboration type activities. I
>> am hoping to trial a few bits and pieces [in particular Google apps]
>> with my current year 9 IT class, so that I can see what works and what
>> doesn't.
>>

>> I am looking for some feedback from this group as I am hoping that some
>> of you are currently doing this in your classes - I am particularly
>> after comments regarding what works and what doesn't.
>>

>> Also, if anyone else has successfully implemented iPod Touch's into
>> their IT classes, I am keen to know the pro's and con's with this.
>>

>> Cheers,
>>
>> Nikki

>> Authority and
>> http://www.vitta.org.au  - VITTA Victorian Information Technology
>> Teachers Association Inc
>
> Dr Tim Kitchen
> Head of Learning Technologies
> Strathcona Baptist Girls Grammar School
> http://timkitchen.net

> and

This message, including any attachments, is provided without responsibility in
law for its accuracy or otherwise and without assumption of a duty of care by
the College. Whilst every attempt has been made to ensure material in this e-
mail message is free from computer viruses or other defects, the attached
files are provided, and may only be used, on the basis that the user assumes
all responsibility for use of the material transmitted.

This e-mail is intended for the use of the named individual or entity and may
contain confidential information.  Any dissemination, distribution or copying
by anyone other than the intended recipient of this e-mail is strictly
prohibited.  If this e-mail has been received in error, then please notify the
sender immediately and destroy the original message.