[Yr7-10it] Re: Meeting VELS standards in Year 9 and 10

stephen at melbpc.org.au stephen at melbpc.org.au
Fri Apr 30 12:55:39 EST 2010

Kevork writes,

> Hi Everyone,
>
> Just looking at the VELS standards at Year 9  (and 10 ) ..
> I was specifically interested in any feedback regarding any
> suggestions or experience with :
>
> dynamic modelling tools and manipulation and editing techniques
> complex ICT tools to visually represent, model, reframe or refine
> thinking strategies .. Any and all suggestions welcome  With thanks

Hi mate. Might think a quickish session or two with SketchUp will answer?

Google SketchUp  <http://sketchup.google.com>

Create 3D models and share them with the world. Google SketchUp is
software that you can use to create 3D models of anything you like.
Build models and add them to Google Earth »

Get started right away.

Most people get rolling with SketchUp in just a few minutes. Dozens of
video tutorials, an extensive Help Center and a worldwide user community
mean that anyone who wants to make 3D models with SketchUp, can. Check
out our training videos »

Model anything you can imagine.

Redecorate your living room. Design a new piece of furniture. Model your
city for Google Earth. Create a skatepark for your hometown, then export
an animation and share it on YouTube. There's no limit to what you can
create with SketchUp.

Get models online for free.

You can build models from scratch, or you can download what you need.
People all over the world share what they've made on the Google 3D
Warehouse. It's a huge, searchable repository of models, and it's free.
Explore the Google 3D Warehouse »

New! Learn about what's new in SketchUp 7.1 »

See a list of powerful features in SketchUp »

Do even more with Google SketchUp Pro »

--

Cheers Kevork
Stephen Loosley