[Yr7-10it] question about exe files

Dr Paul Chandler paul.chandler at une.edu.au
Tue Nov 24 11:37:00 EST 2009

USBDLM http://www.uwe-sieber.de/usbdlm_e.html gives you the capacity to
"all kinds of things" with memory sticks when they are inserted.

I am using it to automatically back up my memory sticks everytime one is
inserted into the computer (along with another program called fastcopy).

I think it would be possible to "not mount" a USB drive if 'matching'
files were found (eg *.exe or doom*.*).  It would certainly be possible to
run a script to delete anything which did not look hunky dory.

But any student with a bit of sense will rename the file to get around any
such prohibition :-)

USBDLM is such a powerful tool that it's worth looking at to see "what
else can I do with it which will help me manage memory sticks"

Regards,

--
Dr Paul Chandler
Research Fellow

located at Australian Children's Television Foundation
145 Smith Street, Fitzroy, Melbourne, 3065
e-mail: paul.chandler at une.edu.au
Ph: 0400 198 187
Fax: (03) 9419 0660
Skype: paul.d.chandler