[Yr7-10it] delicious bookmarks thought

Meadows, Roslyn M Meadows.Roslyn.M at edumail.vic.gov.au
Fri May 30 13:17:25 EST 2008

Hi Vik,

I have combined Stumbleupon and del.icio.us and it is sending me
crazy!!!
Stumbleupon is a marvelous way to find all sorts of websites which you
would otherwise perhaps never visit. It is a social bookmarking site,
but installs a button in your browser which you click and it then goes
to a random site which others have given the "thumbs up". You can choose
your areas of interest - tick the boxes from a large list which covers
all types of websites on all topics.
So click "stumble" website opens, bookmark good ones in del.icio.us and
give them the "thumbs up" or "thumbs down" in stumbleupon... and set
your alarm for bedtime!!

For your intranet, try Akarru Social BookMarking Engine -
http://sourceforge.net/projects/akarru/

Cheers
Ros
http://del.icio.us/roslynmeadows

Roslyn Meadows
Head of ICT Implementation
Head of Assessment and Reporting
Bentleigh Secondary College
| 9579 1044 | 0412 614 062 |

In some cases, all it requires is that you rationally point out that
there is a problem.
In others, all you can do is turn the other cheek.
At the far end of the spectrum are those for whom the only appropriate
response is to carve out their still-beating heart and force them to eat
it. (Marc Carlson)