[Yr7-10it] Privacy fears over student register

Kent Beveridge kbeveridge at stbc.vic.edu.au
Sun May 11 09:58:48 EST 2008

Hey there Roland...
Just read your posted privacy article.
On this one, I am with the civil libertarians comments. IT SUCKS.
Big Brother just got into the school grounds is how I would put it.

Maybe its time to get rid of Bronwyn Pike and put someone in who will respect students rights to privacy within their own school fences, surely thats the least we should be offering them.
As for the comment about public servants not being prosecuted for misuse of info, how deplorable...what do we know about them out of hours and how they would use that data?

Sorry, but I see the proposal as frought with danger and abuse/misuse.

my 2cents worth.

Kent.

Kent Beveridge,
I.T. co-ordinator
St. Brigids Catholic Sec. College
Horsham
email.. kbeveridge at stbc.vic.edu.au

|<3|\|7  b3\/3r1D93 ?  ;-)

Wishes and Eggs, one you make and one you break!  A bit like promises.....
"This email and any attachments may be confidential.  You must not disclose or use the information in this email if you are not the intended recipient.  If you have received this email in error, please notify us immediately and delete the email and all copies.  The School does not guarantee that this email is virus or error free.  The attached files are provided and my only be used on the basis that the user assumes all responsibility for any loss, damage or consequence resulting directly or indirectly from the use of the attached files, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not.  The content and opinions in this email are not necessarily those of the School."