[Yr7-10it] Mac game responses

Alexakos, Zach Z alexakos.zach.z at edumail.vic.gov.au
Sat Mar 24 10:19:22 EST 2007

Too awkward- in fact very awkward.

Zach Alexakos

-----Original Message-----
From: yr7-10it-bounces at edulists.com.au
[mailto:yr7-10it-bounces at edulists.com.au] On Behalf Of Donna Benjamin
Sent: Friday, 23 March 2007 10:41 PM
To: Year 7 - 10 Information Technology Teachers' Mailing List
Subject: RE: [Yr7-10it] Mac game responses

Has anyone tried realbasic?
http://www.realsoftware.com/

It's not free, or opensource, but it's cross-platform.
Available for mac, windows and linux.

There are some great resources available for it...
http://www.realsoftware.com/users/education/curriculum/

http://www.realsoftware.com/users/hobby/
Why just play games when you can make your own?
REALbasic is a great way to hone your critical thinking skills while you
develop software games. REALbasic includes the common capabilites you'll
need, like 3D, SpriteSurface support, game controller inputs and sound
capabilities. Create strategy games, visual games, even action games.
All you need is a cool idea and REALbasic to get started.

http://www.realgurus.com/tutorials/games/

try this search for more stuff...
http://www.google.com/search?q=3Drealbasic+games

--
donna benjamin - executive director
http://www.creativecontingencies.com/

Authority and
Teachers Association Inc

Important - This email and any attachments may be confidential. If received=
 in error, please contact us and delete all copies. Before opening or using=
 attachments check them for viruses and defects. Regardless of any loss, dam=
age or consequence, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not, r=
esulting directly or indirectly from the use of any attached files our liabi=
lity is limited to resupplying any affected attachments. Any representations=
 or opinions expressed are those of the individual sender, and not necessari=
ly those of the Department of Education.