[Yr7-10it] block it all

Meadows, Roslyn M Meadows.Roslyn.M at edumail.vic.gov.au
Thu Mar 1 18:37:23 EST 2007

Lovely Rob!!!! I thought you were serious for a moment there!

"Ms Allan said the government wanted to educate students about
responsible use of the internet and ensure they were accessing
"age-appropriate material relevant to the curriculum and their learning
needs"."

Yep teach them responsible surfing by blocking everything!! - that way
they will know what to do at home when they come across popups and
inappropriate material. Let's block every intersection because someone
might have an accident driving through it!!

How does one bully via YouTube? - you would have to make a bullying
video and then upload it I guess. MySpace I can understand as a girl I
taught last year had someone writing mean stuff on her space, but at the
same time she also had rude voicemails left on her phone.  But none of
that had happened during school hours. We can't control their lives
entirely.

We are restricted to educache at the moment (although I am working on
changing that!) and today someone mentioned to me that even the Age is
not available to students!

Here is the url as a tiny one - http://tinyurl.com/ypgcxz

Cheers

Roslyn Meadows | Information Technology | Bentleigh Secondary College |
meadows.roslyn.m at edumail.vic.gov.au | ph 03 9579 1044 | mobile 0412 614
062