[Yr7-10it] Lunchtime Computer Club ideas

Tony Forster forster at ozonline.com.au
Fri Jul 27 18:04:54 EST 2007

"I feel much of the time is unproductive and purely for amusement and
entertainment "

A possible solution to this that I have used is the rule that if playing a
game, they must have editable source for it. They may play for a while but
then the challenge to hack the source takes over. For example I had a year
6, on his own initiative, take source code written by a Dutch programmer,
put it through Babelfish, translate to English so he could increase the
range of his laser turrets.

Feel free to re-post this on the other lists