[Yr7-10it] RE: Year 8 teaching ideas...

Martin, Michael M martin.michael.m at edumail.vic.gov.au
Sun Jul 15 12:09:37 EST 2007

I agree wholeheartedly with you Kent but what about animations?  Year 8's love creating animations.  I use Flash.  I also like to use HTML for web design as I believe it has more scope.

Spreadsheets, wordprocessing, a bit of database, photoshop, macromedia flash  are all tools that I use with my Yr 8 students.  I also get the students to research computer hardware and software and they set up a powerpoint presentation on their findings.  I give them a guideline to follow.

There is plenty to do with Yr 8's, only time is the barrier.  I have one period per week for a semester.

So Stephen, go with what Kent has mentioned but just add animations to that list.

Happy teaching

Michael Martin

Copperfield College