[Yr7-10it] VITTA Programming Awards 2007

Adrian Janson janson.adrian.a at edumail.vic.gov.au
Mon Aug 20 21:29:07 EST 2007

Hi everyone (and apologies for the cross posts),

Thank-you to all that have visited the VITTA Programming Awards web-site and
registered their students in one (or a number) of the categories on offer.

http://progawards.vitta.org.au/index.html

I have been asked by a number of you whether MS VB6.0 would be a suitable
language for the VB section of the competition?  After much consideration,
we have decided to allow this - as our ultimate goal is to involve students
in a fun learning activity and I know many of you use VB6.0 and have
students were initially disappointed about this.

In order that schools using VB6.0 can get their students involved, the
deadline for registrations has been increased to the end of this week -
Friday 24th August!

Registrations for the girls categories of the competition have been small -
so I especially want to encourage those schools out there with keen IT girls
to get involved - the chances of being successful are high!

All the best! - and keep those registrations coming in!

Adrian Janson

VITTA President

Director of ICT, Melbourne High School