[Yr7-10it] IPM2007 assistance

Russell Edwards edwards.russell.t at edumail.vic.gov.au
Mon Dec 18 09:52:34 EST 2006

Hi Vinod,

   I'm in the same position as you, teaching it for the first time next
year (just down the road in Whittlesea), so I wouldn't be the best
person to answer, but given the lack of other replies: have a look at
the IPM edulist archive. The course has changed for 2007 (it's now
called IT Applications, by the way) but in the last few weeks some
excellent resources have been shared on that list. The ones I have found
most useful are Keith Richardson's timeline and Mark Kelly's powerpoint
presentation (on vceit.com, search for "VITTA PD"). Speaking of VITTA,
they have produced a CDROM I have ordered.. it hasn't arrived yet so I
don't know how good it is. Also, Mark Kelly has written a set of
assessment tasks ("QATs") I'm purchasing from
warringalpublications.com.au just to take a bit of pressure off.

Personally I think between the text book, Keith's timeline and the QATs
I should have enough to work from.  At this stage I'm stressing more
about the need to overhaul our year 9/10 subjects!

Russell

narayanv at yeahs.vic.edu.au wrote to the Year 7-10 IT Edulist