[Yr7-10it] How students understand computing concepts

Bill Kerr billkerr at gmail.com
Sat Apr 29 16:25:00 EST 2006

I'm interested Paul.

When I was a science teacher I used the New Zealand Unversity of Waikato
Learning in Science Materials - they had developed whole units of work
(electricity, force etc.) which would start by teasing out existing
viewpoints held by children and build on that - I thought they were
brilliant.

wrt computing I also think it would be valuable from the perspective that
some teachers seem to believe that their students know more than they do -
well that's a can of worms so I won't say more than that at this stage

anyway, please put me on your list
regards,
- Bill
--